Data controller in case of the websites www.usswimschools.org and www.usswimschools.org (“Website”) is United States Swim School Association, 7100 E Cave Creek Rd, Ste 109, Cave Creek, AZ 85331, USA (“USSSA”). The company’s data protection officer (DPO) is D’Nette Allsop (email@example.com).
What Information Do We Collect
USSSA may collect various types of information from or about you. USSSA may collect information in a number of ways in connection with the Website, including, without limitation, as follows:
- When members access their USSSA Member Site.
- When you create an account at our “Join” section.
- When you ask us a question, we collect the e-mail address or other contact information you choose to provide.
- When you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us for any other purpose.
How USSSA Uses Your Information
- To generally provide the features and functionality of the Website to you.
- For account validation purposes.
- For analytics and trending purposes.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance, and tailor the Website for you, and to improve and enhance the overall Website experience for all the Website users.
- To carry out specific actions you may request.
Disclosure of Information
USSSA may disclose to third parties Personal Information that it collects as follows:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.
- At Your Request: We disclose your Personal Information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business Transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of USSSA’s assets, your Personal Information, aggregated information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers, including but not limited to our affiliates, to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling e-mail and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics, and data analysis. We may provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal Information they receive.
- Disclosures to Third Parties: USSSA also makes member contact information available through the USSSA Find a School Directory to others using our Website and to those who register for our conferences. On occasion, USSSA may also provide limited data to third parties that offer products and services. These limited data include names, job titles, companies, business addresses and e-mail addresses, but do not include business phone numbers or business fax numbers. Users may request USSSA refrain from disclosing the data it collects to third parties on the membership application form as well as other forms. Alternatively, users may contact USSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480.837.5525 to express their preferences if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- Government Agencies: We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Automatically Collected Non-Personal Information
When you use the Website, we also may collect certain standard information from your browser and personal computer that websites often collect, such as your IP address, your browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language), your operating system, and the date and time you accessed the Website. We also capture the country from which the visit came and the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your “click stream” activity). We may group some or all of this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of the Website by our users to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic information that we collect from the Website users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-Personal Information collected at the Website with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Additionally, for some e-mails sent in HTML format by USSSA to its members and non-members through its database and electronic newsletters, we will collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email. For those emails, USSSA will monitor whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes: email address of a user, the date and time of the user’s “click,” a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number and destination page. USSSA only uses this information to enhance its products and distribution of those products to its members. This information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
Browsing, Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking Technologies
USSSA uses cookie technology as part of the Website’s statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making the Website available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience. We may also utilize cookies to identify if you are logged into a Website account.
If you prefer, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if you reject cookies, your use of the Website may be impaired.
If you submit your resume or other information to be considered for employment with USSSA and you choose to send your resume or other information to us through this Website or the Internet, we will maintain and use the information provided only for such purpose.
Information Posted to any Forums, Chats, or Blogs
If you choose to use a forum, a blog, participate in a chat room, or otherwise use a social networking feature available through the Website, you should be aware that any Personal Information or other information you post can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorized manner. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you choose to post through those means and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
E-mail to a Friend
Third Party Websites, Content, and Resources
Selling or Renting of Personal Information
Consent to Processing (for users within the European Union)
Personal Data and Minors
Access and Data Retention
You can access and modify certain Personal Information stored at the Website, if you have submitted Personal Information through our join page, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number, by emailing email@example.com or by logging into your account at the Website.
Where applicable, you may also delete your account. Deletion of your account will only result in deletion of your online account and will not affect Personal Information that may have been previously sent by us pursuant to your request, as in the case where you submit a resume. Upon deletion of your account, USSSA will delete your account from our primary Website servers. Notwithstanding the foregoing, USSSA will retain certain information (including Personal Information) provided to us for the following or other lawful purposes:
- Auditing purposes
- Troubleshoot problems
- Assist with investigations
- Comply with legal requirements
USSSA will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to this Website. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify USSSA of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we will seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. By using this site you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: May 25, 2018