Data controller in case of the websites www.usswimschools.org and https://my.usswimschools.org/ (collectively, “Website”) is United States Swim School Association, 4815 E Carefree Hwy, Ste 108-480, Cave Creek, AZ 85331, USA (“USSSA”).
What Information Do We Collect
USSSA may collect various types of information from or about you. USSSA may collect information in a number of ways in connection with the Website, including, without limitation, as follows:
- When members access their USSSA Member Site.
- When you create an account at our “Join” section.
- When you ask us a question, we collect the e-mail address or other contact information you choose to provide.
- When you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us for any other purpose, including seeking to become certified by USSSA.
How USSSA Uses Your Information
- To generally provide the features and functionality of the Website to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- For account validation purposes.
- For analytics and trending purposes.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance, and tailor the Website for you, and to improve and enhance the overall Website experience for all the Website users.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To carry out specific actions you may request.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
USSSA may disclose to third parties Personal Information that it collects as follows:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.
- At Your Request: We disclose your Personal Information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business Transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of USSSA’s assets, your Personal Information, aggregated information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers, including but not limited to our affiliates, to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling e-mail and other promotional campaigns, and providing certification testing and other certification assistance, marketing assistance, web analytics, and data analysis. We may provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal Information they receive.
- Disclosures to Third Parties: USSSA also may makes certified instructor and member contact information available through the USSSA Find a School or Find an Instructor Directory to others using our Website and to those who register for our conferences. On occasion, USSSA may also provide limited data to third parties that offer products and services. These limited data may include names, job titles, companies, business addresses and e-mail addresses, business phone numbers, but do not include cell phone numbers. Users may request USSSA refrain from disclosing the data it collects to third parties on the membership application form as well as other forms. Alternatively, users may contact USSSA at firstname.lastname@example.org 480.837.5525 to express their preferences if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- Government Agencies: We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose your Personal Information with your consent.
Automatically Collected Non-Personal Information
When you use the Website, we also may collect certain standard information from your browser and personal computer that websites often collect, such as your IP address, your browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language), your operating system, and the date and time you accessed the Website. We also capture the country from which the visit came and the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your “click stream” activity). We may group some or all of this information into aggregate data in order to describe the use of the Website by our users to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers, or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic information that we collect from the Website users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-Personal Information collected at the Website with third parties for any lawful purpose.
Additionally, for some e-mails sent in HTML format by USSSA to its members and non-members through its database and electronic newsletters, we will collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email. For those emails, USSSA will monitor whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes: email address of a user, the date and time of the user’s “click,” a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number and destination page. USSSA only uses this information to enhance its products and distribution of those products to its members. This information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
Browsing, Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Tracking Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including, without limitation: (1) details of your visits to our Website, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use in the Website; (2) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address (including geolocation), operating system, and browser type; and (3) your preferences, such as language selection.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time. The information we collect automatically may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect directly from you. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: (1) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (2) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; (3) speed up your searches; and (4) recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, web beacons, tags and scripts and are used by USSSA and our affiliates and analytics providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit USSSA, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
As is true of most websites, we may use gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Local Storage Objects
We may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Website may also use LSOs such as HTML 5 and Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click the link below:
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
We may use personal information to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at:
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Twitter – https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing – https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you submit your resume or other information to be considered for employment with USSSA and you choose to send your resume or other information to us through this Website or the Internet, we will maintain and use the information provided only for such purpose.
Information Posted to any Forums, Chats, or Blogs
If you choose to use a forum, a blog, participate in a chat room, or otherwise use a social networking feature available through the Website, you should be aware that any Personal Information or other information you post can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorized manner. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you choose to post through those means and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
E-mail to a Friend
Third Party Websites, Content, and Resources
Selling or Renting of Personal Information
Consent to Processing
Our Website and services are intended for use within and directed toward the United States of America, By providing Personal Information to this Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, outside the European Union.
Personal Data and Minors
You can access and modify certain Personal Information stored at the Website, if you have submitted Personal Information through our join page or the certification page, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number, by emailing email@example.com or by logging into your account at the Website.
Where applicable, you may also delete your account. Deletion of your account will only result in deletion of your online account and will not affect Personal Information that may have been previously sent by us pursuant to your request, as in the case where you submit a resume or seeking certification. Upon deletion of your account, USSSA will delete your account from our primary Website servers. Notwithstanding the foregoing, USSSA will retain certain information (including Personal Information) provided to us for the following or other lawful purposes:
- Auditing purposes
- Troubleshoot problems
- Assist with investigations
- Comply with legal requirements
USSSA will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all Personal Information provided to this Website. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information, whether due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission or otherwise. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Website by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to immediately notify USSSA of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we will seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. By using this Website you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
State Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: December 22, 2022