US SWIM SCHOOL ASSOCIATION Spring Workshop
Sugar Land, TX - February 20 & 21, 2020
Saddle up and get ready for an event like no other. The USSSA Spring Workshop brings together owners, managers, and instructors from across the country for an intimate experience of sharing and learning. New this year is a networking event to give you even more opportunities to connect. In-water instruction is also back this year! So round up your key staff and make plans to join us in Sugar Land, TX.
Early Registration Open Now
One Spring Workshop FULL Registration – Per Person – $299.00
Two Spring Workshop FULL Registrations – Per Person – $275.00
Third, Fourth and Fifth Spring Workshop FULL Registrations – Per Person – $249.00
Sixth Registration and more - Per Person - $225.00
One Day Registration – Per Person – $179.00
**Included in FULL registration – Lunch on Thursday - Two Evening Receptions
***Early Registration Ends – January 27, 2020
Exhibitor Registration is Now Open!
Exhibitor Registration fee $590 – includes 6′ table top space – 1 chair – 1 drink ticket to opening reception
The format for this show is table top space ONLY – NOT booth space. You will be provided with a 6’ x 30” table in a foyer area or in the conference room. Due to the limited space, all displays need to be confined within the given space. Unfortunately, there is not room behind the table so large floor displays would not be appropriate for this venue.
Taking care of our customers: How providing special service in our swim schools should be the same as the hospitality you receive in a fine dining restaurant, Miren Oca, Ocaquatics
How to Become and Better Presenter, Bob Hubbard and Ann Marie Sunderhaus, Hubbard Family Swim School
Swim School “Informal” Open House | Friday, February 19th, 2020 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Houston Swim Club - 8307 Augustine, Houston, TX 77036 - (713) 774-7946
Saint Street Swim - 2717 Saint St., Houston, TX 77027 - (713) 626-7946
Wolfies Swim School - 5230 Cedar St, Bellaire, TX 77401 - (281) 844-4481
**Hoping to add two more - stayed tuned for more information**
Infant Toddler Education Workshop |Wednesday, February 19th, 2020| 9:00 am – 5:00 pm | $219.00 includes lunch
Instructors: Miren Oca, Ocaquatics and Kathy Hubbard, Hubbard Family Swim School
**The Infant Toddler online course must be taken prior to attending this workshop. Cost $30.00
The class covers:
- USSSA guidelines on swimming instruction for children under the age of 36 months;
- development of a teaching philosophy;
- professionalism and continuing education;
- health and safety concerns;
- basic child development and implications towards swimming;
- progressions and skill development;
- video of swim programs and numerous skill progressions;
- A Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the course.
Special Abilities Education Workshop | Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm | $219.00 includes lunch
Instructors: Kim Walters, Stony Creek Swim Center and Terence O'Malley, AnT Swim School
**The Special Abilities online course must be taken prior to attending this workshop. Cost $30.00
- The classroom workshop is comprised of discussions, video presentations, case studies, and interactive activities. The classroom workshop will provide participants with information on various disabilities, awareness and precautions associated with those disabilities, as well as instructional strategies and effective parent communication. Participants in the Special Abilities workshop will learn about some of the most common disabilities experienced in the aquatics industry, including Autism Spectrum Disorder. The interactive activities throughout the course will allow participants to learn from each other and gain a broader perspective on teaching individuals with special abilities. The Special Abilities Course is designed to provide a wide array of information so that participants have a solid foundation on which they can develop a special abilities program for their swim school or further develop their own individual teaching skills. A Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the course.
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
A block of rooms is reserved for conference attendees at a special rate of $169.00 per room, per night. Rates are subject to applicable taxes, currently 13.7% (subject to change) and will be offered three days before and after the conference based on hotel availability. Maximum occupancy is four guests per room. Check in is 4:00 pm and check out is 12:00 pm.
All hotel reservations MUST be made through the USSSA room block in order to take advantage of this rate. To secure hotel reservations on line, please click this link USSSA 2019 Spring Workshop Hotel Reservations or call the general reservation line at (800) 228-9290 or (281) 275-8400 and request the “USWUSW” rate. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and all reservations need to be made by January 30th, 2019 in order to take advantage of the special rate.
If you have any problems with your reservations please call Evea our event planner at 480-837-5525 or email email@example.com.
Welcome to a landmark, just 15 minutes southwest of downtown Houston, where contemporary comfort and classic Texas charm converge. The Houston Marriott Sugar Land is located in the heart of the vibrant Sugar Land Town Square, surrounded by fabulous dining and delightful shopping venues all within walking distance. All year long, enjoy premier festivals and events on the Town Square Plaza. This is the only full service hotel in Sugar Land, featuring key-access Concierge Level floors, exclusive lounge and executive travel services. Whether you are traveling for business or touring for pleasure, coordinating a convention or planning a special event, we'll treat you to true Texas hospitality! Join us soon to enjoy a fresh new destination, sure to make a lasting impression!
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
16090 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Phone: (281) 275-8400
William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) is located approximately 28.1 miles and 40 minutes from the hotel. UBER / Lyft estimates start at $35 each way.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is located approximately 39 miles and 50 minutes from the hotel. UBER / Lyft estimates start at $50 each way.
If you rent a car or drive to the hotel, parking at the hotel is complimentary. Valet parking is $25 daily. Non-overnight daily valet is $10.
Sugar Land is on Central Daylight Time. Average daytime temperatures in Sugar Land are expected to be in the mid 60’s with nighttime temperatures in the low 50’s.
The US Swim School Association is proud to offer a limited number of scholarships. Please see the requirements below.
- Designed to assist members with conferences fees for the US Swim Schools Assocation’s National Conference.
- Must be available to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours, as needed, by the Association at the conference if requested.
- Must submit this Scholarship Application form, completed in its entirety for consideration.
- Member swim school must be in good standing with dues current.
- Limited to one person per swim school. Applicant must not have received a scholarship for the 2016, 2017 or 2018 USSSA National Conference.
- Deadline to submit this form is January 7, 2020.
**USSSA will cover meeting registration fee. Applicant is responsible for costs associated with housing, all transportation, food and incidentals.